|COLONEL MARGARET B. "PEGGY" POORE|
Colonel Margaret B. Poore is the Commander of the 65th Air Base Wing, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal. Lajes Field provides support to allied forces operating in and throughout the Atlantic area. The wing operates a major air base and logistics sea port at a remote location supporting more than 3,000 U.S. and Portuguese personnel and dependents.
Colonel Poore was commissioned through the Air Force Officer Training School and entered the Air Force in July 1987. She has served as an executive officer, protocol officer, squadron section commander, flight commander, squadron commander, and group commander. Her staff tours include duty as a congressional liaison officer in the Secretary of the Air Force's Office of Legislative Liaison, several positions in the Air Force General Officer Matters Office, Executive Officer to the Deputy Chief of Staff, Personnel and Director of Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters Air Combat Command.
Colonel Poore is originally from Virginia Beach, Virginia.
1986 Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management, Radford University, Radford VA
1991 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB AL (Distinguished Graduate)
1995 Masters Degree in Public Administration, Troy State University, Troy AL
1999 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB AL (Distinguished Graduate) 1999 Masters Degree in Military Operational Arts and Sciences, Air University
2004 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Washington DC
2004 Masters Degree in National Resource Strategy, National Defense University
1. July 1987 - January 1989, Executive Officer to the Deputy Commander and Commander, 3305th Student Group, Air Training Command, Keesler AFB MS
2. January 1989 - July 1990, Assistant Chief of Protocol and then Chief of Protocol, Keesler Technical Training Center, Air Training Command, Keesler AFB MS
3. July 1990 - July 1991, Executive Officer to the Commander, 3380th Air Base Group, Air Training Command, Keesler AFB MS
4. July 1991 - February 1992, Commander, 3419th Student Squadron, Air Training Command, Keesler AFB MS
5. February 1992 - September 1992, Squadron Section Commander, 3380th Mission Support Squadron, Air Training Command, Keesler AFB MS
6. September 1992 - February 1993, Congressional Liaison Officer, Inquiry Division, Office of Legislative Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington D.C.
7. February 1993 - June 1995, Chief, Personnel Support, Support Division, Air Force General Officer Matters Office, Washington D.C.
8. June 1995 - August 1996, Deputy Chief, Operations Division, Air Force General Officer Matters Office, Washington D.C.
9. August 1996 - July 1998, Flight Commander, Military Personnel Flight, 10th Mission Support Squadron, 10th Air Base Wing, United States Air Force Academy CO
10. July 1998 - June 1999, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Air Education and Training Command, Maxwell AFB AL
11. June 1999 - July 2001, Commander, 92nd Mission Support Squadron, Air Mobility Command, Fairchild AFB WA
12. July 2001 - July 2003, Chief, Joint Personnel Strength Management Branch and Chief, Plans and Readiness Branch, Directorate for Manpower, Personnel and Administration (J-1), Headquarters, United States European Command (HQ USEUCOM), Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany
13. July 2003 - June 2004, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF), National Defense University, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2004 - April 2005, Executive Officer to the Deputy Chief of Staff, Personnel, Headquarters, United States Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. April 2005 - June 2007, Commander, 27th Mission Support Group, Air Combat Command, Cannon AFB NM (September 2005 - January 2006, Commander, 455th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
16. June 2007 - September 2008, Director of Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB VA
17. September 2008 - Present, Commander, 65th Air Base Wing, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one oak leaf cluster
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 22, 1987
First Lieutenant July 22, 1989
Captain July 22, 1991
Major September 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2001
Colonel August 1, 2005
(Current as of September 2008)